Friday, July 11, 2008

summer break

Today is Friday and my Grandkids have gone to Lagoon with their mother except for Dallin. He was not feeling well so stayed home with me. The kids have been fun to have during this month although this Grandma doesn't have the energy she used to have.. It does take some thinking to try and keep them occupied. I hear the "b" word all the time. They always say "I'm bored what can I do". We have gone to a movie, tennis lessons, swimming, and Grandma's favorite pass time- sitting on the patio with the misters on. Gavin and I have done a lot of playin croquet. He's getting pretty good at it. We also played Mexican Train a couple of afternoons. It is cooler today. a pleasant break from the 97 we had yesterday. This is TGIF for Bruce. He looks forward to the weekends when he has a break from work. My flowers and vegetables are showing the stress from the heat but they still look nice. I haven't had much produce from my garden yet. I think the cool spring, then the extreme heat took its toll on the garden. Oh well, there's always next year. Tonight we are going to dinner with Kris and Wayne and then to their house to play Mexican Train- our usual Friday night out. Tami, thanks for writing. Sorry about all the problems you've been having with your sprinkler system. It was nice to see you. Hope we see you this Sunday when we come to Karen and Byron's reception.

No comments: